In-Laws: Money! Very nice and greatly appreciated!
Husband: A backrub also very nice.
Friends: A Willow Tree Angel “No face Angel.” And lots of greatly appreciated wishes.
Co-workers and other family members: Lot of birthday wishes. All very nice!
But the best gift of all:
From myself: A brand new… front bummer and side panel for the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just what everyone wants!
THE STORY
My mother-in-law, Pam, and I were headed to church and I had turned onto Broadway in Fergus and was driving when a lady pulled out from her parked position and did not see me until it was too late. No one was hurt, besides our car, and it wasn’t my fault!!!!!!! So that was the start of my birthday.
However, despite the crabbiness of the actual day in collaboration I had a very enjoyable birthday weekend. Some highlights:
Husband: A backrub also very nice.
Friends: A Willow Tree Angel “No face Angel.” And lots of greatly appreciated wishes.
Co-workers and other family members: Lot of birthday wishes. All very nice!
But the best gift of all:
From myself: A brand new… front bummer and side panel for the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just what everyone wants!
THE STORY
My mother-in-law, Pam, and I were headed to church and I had turned onto Broadway in Fergus and was driving when a lady pulled out from her parked position and did not see me until it was too late. No one was hurt, besides our car, and it wasn’t my fault!!!!!!! So that was the start of my birthday.
However, despite the crabbiness of the actual day in collaboration I had a very enjoyable birthday weekend. Some highlights:
Saturday afternoon: I went to Fergus and Pam, Erin (sister in-law), her mom, and her little girl and of course my two girls went to Stella’s in Battle Lake for lunch. The food was awesome and we had a nice visit there. I would have to say my favorite part of that day was the dessert. OMG! Pam made me a birthday cake that was to die for. I will describe it… It was a layered cake Chocolate cake, frosting, cheesecake, frosting, chocolate cake again and then frosting over all of it. WOW! It was so good and I didn’t share the left-overs with any of the brothers that was not very nice.
Saturday Evening: Erin and I had a retreat and visited at Mabel Murphy’s after the kids went to bed. That was nice.
Sunday Morning: Well you know that story.
Sunday Afternoon: I was putting the suitcase into our car and the fire extinguisher went off in the trunk. Did I do something to someone?
Sunday Evening: I would have to say out of the whole weekend this was the highlight. Even though I had told Kris I did not want to go out to eat when we returned to Fargo we did anyone. We all had to eat and the girls were very hungry and neither of us wanted to cook. AND Mexican Village has the birthday special dinner is free. So.. that is what we did. And I will remember this moment as the happiest of the weekend: Laura unprovoked in her beaming smile says, “Mommy HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” It brought tears to my eyes she was just sooo excited. That meant the world to me. Not to mention they were both very good in the restaurant and I had two margaritas. Overall a good weekend and a lot to be grateful for!
So 30 isn’t so bad and after the car is fixed the accident will be a distant memory.
1 comment:
Welcome to 30! I totally meant to wish you a happy birthday, and spaced it out. Even though we emailed each other the day after. So happy belated birthday! Bummer about the birthday accident. At least no one was hurt.
Post a Comment