Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CATCH UP

So I have neglected all of you faithful readers and I apologize for that! My excuses are as follows: First our computer was broken, then we were busy getting ready for our camping trip, then we went camping and now Kris has been busy catching up with paperwork. AAHHH always something to do. So bear with me as there will be no pics with these couple posts.

LAURA ANN:
Oh what will we do with this one. The other night she was sitting there watching T.V. with her Dad and they were watching a show on some third world country or something more primitive and the "mom" or woman was in the kitchen cooking and caring for the children. Laura asks, "Where is the boy?" Kris then tried to explain to the three year old that traditionally women do the cooking in the family. She then asks, "Yeah, but where is the Daddy why isn't he cooking?" Priceless I tell ya!

ADDIE LYNN:
Well she is on her way to walking. She is now standing alone rarely, but she is attempting it. She knows it is a big deal as I squeal and make a big fuss. She smiles and then falls the ground. She is very intuitive to our questions and conversations. Not sure if all answers are correct but she is very good at giving you a nod or shaking her head. Example, "Is your Daddy crazy?" Almost always, ** nod** Granted it goes both ways she thinks her mom is crazy too!
Just how much does she pay attention.
This is Tera's story but... it displays what goes through her pretty little head.
As you know we went camping this weekend and well Tera was kind enough to corral all four of the girls while Kris and I set up camp. So in the process of doing this Addison needed a diaper change. Tera brings Addison, the diaper, and wipes into the tent with the other three girls right behind her. Tera had previously reminded the girls sternly that they need to take their shoes off before they go into the tent and walk all over. So as they enter the tent Addison starts to cry and was very upset. Addison then reaches down to her crocks and hands one to Tera with the look like, here here before I get in trouble, no shoes in then tent! She knows what is going on that little stinker.

EVENTS:
Otherwise we have been busy doing summer things. One weekend we went to the lake, Great Grandma Iverson's. That was a lot of fun. Addison LOVES floating around with mom on the floaty I think we floated for a good hour. She just sits with me and plays a little in the water. Laura enjoyed that too but it was hard to float with Laura she is so busy. Of course our camping trip. That went very good. Sleeping the first night was tough but Thanks to Daddy and lullabies in the car Addison was able to get umm... 4 or so hours of sleep. Daddy had more like 2 hours. Grandpa sold his lake place and we close on the 15Th so that is awesome. Everyone is relieved that those duties and worries will be behind us. I am sure I am missing many things as it has been FOREVER, or two weeks since my last post. I will try to get on again this week and put some pics and other short stories up!

THANK YOU for reading the blog. It is awesome to hear people actually do read my ranting,rambling and bragging!
Feel free to comment, question or answer anything!

3 comments:

Becky said...

My kids would think it was odd to see a DAD cooking. You are so lucky that way. My husband knows how to work the microwave, and that's about it.

Glad your camping trip went better than ours did! I don't think I'm going to be trying that with my kids again for a few years, and I'm disappointed. I love camping.

Tabitha said...

Thank you Steph for you help with grammer corrections!

Tabitha said...

Becky,
Maybe then in a couple years we could go camping together!
:)