Well this story is a fun one. A close friend of ours got married this weekend. We were busy with all kinds of activities at our house.
THURSDAY NIGHT: First is was the groomsman supper which was pretty cool I might add. They had it at the Air Museum here in Fargo and had a themed party "international." The had the food catered. (Slow Smoke Catering; Kris and Dave's) and each table (5 of them) was a different nationality.
There was German, Swedish, Italian, Mediterranean, Jamaican. Laura and I had our parts in the wedding so we were able to attended the groomsman supper. Laura was on excellent behavior that night and the whole two days really.
FRIDAY:The day of the wedding! And what a beautiful day, weather, the bride, the church, the reception. Really everything went off with a hitch. I did forget to put the flowers on the groomsman and that was something I was going to do... aahh sorry Steph! Laura walked up the isle very well but forgot to throw the flower petals. We didn't practice that. Laura did a good job behaving and listening the whole day, I thought. I was personal attendant so at different times I needed to be here or there and Laura either tagged along or found someone to latch onto. She made lots of friends this weekend.
THE DANCE: And then the dance. Addison joined us for the reception and the dance and I have never witnessed my two girls happier. They were dancing up a storm.
FUNNY STORY ONE *LAURA*: Like I stated earlier she made lots of friends that night. She especially like Steph's Matron on Honor Crystal. Laura was very drawn to her and danced near her frequently. (Poor Crystal had a tag along) As did many of the girls, they all looked so pretty. Anyway Crystal was telling me this story at one point of the dance. Crystal and another girl were dancing when Laura "joined" them. They were holding hands and dancing and Laura steped away and states, "I dance better by myself." And so she did. (She did a lot dancing in her own space.) Then Crystal proceeded to tell me Laura says, "You two dance better by yourselves too." And the nice people they are agreed and danced together but in a circle instead of holding hands. She is just so bossy!
FUNNY STORY TWO *LAURA*: She had a pretty big head and because she is three this next story is cute. It was the dollar dance and she just didn't understand why they couldn't all dance instead of just Steph and Jared and the paying customer! So she informs me as I am trying to redirect her away from the camera's and front and center of the dance floor. She looks at me and says, "Mom, I am the flower girl I can go up there!" Wow! Sorry!
Addison had a blast too. She was walking all over and dancing.
AHH STORY *ADDISON*: She was so cute she would walk around and when she would spot some kids dancing on the dance floor that were stationary for a while she would make her way over, wave, say Hi, and then the dance along with them as if she had to introduce herself first. It was adorable.
AHH STORY TWO *ADDISON*: Addison also made new friends last night. Namely, Hank. Hopefully he doesn't mind I am posting his picture... but he was just so awesome with Addison. Addison kept an eye on him when she could and then get this at one point choose him over me. I was holding out my arms to her and yes she denied me and turned to him. Bless his heart walked with her, danced with her, sat with her. It was cute.
THE END: There are many more stories but I going to start rambling so I will stop now. Needless to say the wedding was a big success in our eyes.
I will post pictures of food from grooms supper and wedding cake in a later post.
THURSDAY NIGHT: First is was the groomsman supper which was pretty cool I might add. They had it at the Air Museum here in Fargo and had a themed party "international." The had the food catered. (Slow Smoke Catering; Kris and Dave's) and each table (5 of them) was a different nationality.
There was German, Swedish, Italian, Mediterranean, Jamaican. Laura and I had our parts in the wedding so we were able to attended the groomsman supper. Laura was on excellent behavior that night and the whole two days really.
FRIDAY:The day of the wedding! And what a beautiful day, weather, the bride, the church, the reception. Really everything went off with a hitch. I did forget to put the flowers on the groomsman and that was something I was going to do... aahh sorry Steph! Laura walked up the isle very well but forgot to throw the flower petals. We didn't practice that. Laura did a good job behaving and listening the whole day, I thought. I was personal attendant so at different times I needed to be here or there and Laura either tagged along or found someone to latch onto. She made lots of friends this weekend.
THE DANCE: And then the dance. Addison joined us for the reception and the dance and I have never witnessed my two girls happier. They were dancing up a storm.
FUNNY STORY ONE *LAURA*: Like I stated earlier she made lots of friends that night. She especially like Steph's Matron on Honor Crystal. Laura was very drawn to her and danced near her frequently. (Poor Crystal had a tag along) As did many of the girls, they all looked so pretty. Anyway Crystal was telling me this story at one point of the dance. Crystal and another girl were dancing when Laura "joined" them. They were holding hands and dancing and Laura steped away and states, "I dance better by myself." And so she did. (She did a lot dancing in her own space.) Then Crystal proceeded to tell me Laura says, "You two dance better by yourselves too." And the nice people they are agreed and danced together but in a circle instead of holding hands. She is just so bossy!
FUNNY STORY TWO *LAURA*: She had a pretty big head and because she is three this next story is cute. It was the dollar dance and she just didn't understand why they couldn't all dance instead of just Steph and Jared and the paying customer! So she informs me as I am trying to redirect her away from the camera's and front and center of the dance floor. She looks at me and says, "Mom, I am the flower girl I can go up there!" Wow! Sorry!
Addison had a blast too. She was walking all over and dancing.
AHH STORY *ADDISON*: She was so cute she would walk around and when she would spot some kids dancing on the dance floor that were stationary for a while she would make her way over, wave, say Hi, and then the dance along with them as if she had to introduce herself first. It was adorable.
AHH STORY TWO *ADDISON*: Addison also made new friends last night. Namely, Hank. Hopefully he doesn't mind I am posting his picture... but he was just so awesome with Addison. Addison kept an eye on him when she could and then get this at one point choose him over me. I was holding out my arms to her and yes she denied me and turned to him. Bless his heart walked with her, danced with her, sat with her. It was cute.
THE END: There are many more stories but I going to start rambling so I will stop now. Needless to say the wedding was a big success in our eyes.
I will post pictures of food from grooms supper and wedding cake in a later post.
No comments:
Post a Comment