I'd have to say yesterday was a very proud day. The title explains this post 7 folds. I am a strong believer in prayer and asking for guidance in life through prayer, love in prayer, forgiveness in prayer etc. This weekend my prayers included Thankfulness. The girls and I had a very good time hanging together and being able to get outside. The weather has been nice, my health is on the road to recovery, Laura's and Addison both have been listening pretty well and many more things.
So yesterday we went to church Laura and Addison were looking around eating their donut holes and having juice boxes life as they knew it was good. Laura did well by cutting her paper and coloring and Addison just gazed at people and occasionally said "Hi"
** Side note: Saying Hi definitely the coolest thing Addison thinks she can do. She does not only says it at home but yep in the grocery store, bank, Kmart, parking lots, etc.
Anyway while at church I try to make a point to Laura at different parts of the service to listen to what the pastor is talking about or instructing us to do. Hoping that as the girls get older they will attend to church to listen and not just be a body there. So at one point I remind Laura we are praying now and I fold my hands to pray. Usually she continues to play as she looks around making sure everyone else is praying. And she did this after I spoke to her, then she looked around and continued to eat her doughnut hole. It was at least 2 bites later Laura hands over the donut hole, not knowing why she would give up her donut I ask, "What are you doing? Don't you want your donut?" She states matter of the faculty, "I have to pray." And then folds her hands. It was was just precious. I smiled at her, thinking how proud I was that she was retaining a little of what it means to be at church and one of our roles as Christians.
Later I did ask her what she prayed about and she said something like, "To God." I then said, "Ahh me too and I prayed about the beautiful weather and Thank God for all the special people in our lives." And following that comment she agreed.
No comments:
Post a Comment